Contract Specialist | Flexible Hybrid: Virtual and In-Person
COVID-19 vaccination required for all YCCO employees except for an approved accommodation for medical or sincerely held religious belief. Please see Additional Information below.
Department: Finance FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer Physical Strength: Light (L)
This position is responsible for assisting with the development and maintenance of a comprehensive health service delivery system, including behavioral health and the Early Learning Hub, providing high quality and cost-effective service to YCCO members by performing the following duties.
Learn more about Yamhill Community Care: click here
- Development and implementation of a contracting system that supports YCCO’s ability to meet contractual and regulatory obligations.
- Facilitates development and negotiation of contracts, agreements, memorandum of understanding (MOU), grant agreements, and letters of agreement.
- Maintains knowledge of federal, state, and national contracting rules and regulations, including those relevant to behavioral health contracts.
- Collaborates in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive health service delivery system which provides high quality and cost-effective service to YCCO members.
- Knowledgeable in the principles of managed care, value-based purchasing, and alternate payment methodology.
- Works with Chief Financial Officer and Board of Directors sub-committees to expand alternate payment methodology.
- Actively follows contracting best practices.
- Ensures integration of work between program functional areas and promotes effective communications within YCCO and between external partners and providers.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for cost savings and process improvements.
- Tracks and ensures accuracy of contracts and amendments, monitors and facilitates response to requests for amendments and rate increases.
- Negotiates, coordinates, produces, and amends YCCO contracts, agreements, memorandum of understanding and letters of agreement.
- Works with Chief Financial Officer and designated subject matter experts in developing and evaluating contract language, terms and requirements.
- Assist in the resolution of issues related to contractual relationships.
- Models current and proposed contract terms, using claims data, to calculate the bottom-line impact of those terms.
- Conducts analysis related to provider contract renewals, including market research and competitive analysis.
- Performs studies to monitor and assess changes in provider billing patterns, charge description masters and other variable reimbursement provisions.
- Collaborates with other departments to address and resolve operational issues.
- Serves as a technical and operational contract subject matter expert.
- Prepares reports, as requested.
- Strategizes with other members of the YCCO team to ensure access and quality of care.
Essential Department & Organizational Functions
- Demonstrates cooperation and teamwork.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor.
- Adheres to established internal control procedures for all contract functions.
- Proposes and implements process improvements.
- Meets deadlines for completion of assigned responsibilities and projects.
- Maintains agreed upon work schedule.
- Provides cross-training on specific job responsibilities.
- Meets identified business goals that contribute to departmental goals.
- Adheres to YCCO policy and procedures and standards of operations.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Working knowledge of OHP benefits, Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR), Oregon Statute, and CCO requirements.
- Knowledgeable about health system contracting, including behavioral health.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solution.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to problem solve, analyze and provide written documentation of analysis.
- Ability to communicate project status and issues to manager in a timely manner.
- Ability to remain flexible, positive and adaptable.
- Ability to build productive working relationships, problem solve, and resolve conflicts successfully.
- Ability to work in a continuously changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, facilitation and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team within a Matrix model.
- Ability to work in an environment with diverse individuals and groups.
- Strong organization and operational skills.
- Possess a high degree of initiative and motivation along with the ability to effectively collaborate and plan with co-workers and others.
- Ability to work autonomously and with attention to detail.
- Ability to focus on and comprehend information, learn new skills and abilities, assess a situation and seek or determine appropriate resolution, accept managerial direction and feedback, and tolerate and manage stress.
- Ability to learn and use assorted software.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, business law, or economics; a minimum of 3 years’ experience in contracting; health care experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations
This position does not require any certificates, licenses, or registrations.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally need to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This position operates in a professional office environment and requires frequent use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position may include occasional required or optional travel outside of the workplace, in which the employee’s personal vehicle, local transit, or other means of transportation may be used.
Additional Information about COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
To safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our members and visitors; and the community at large, YCCO requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation as a qualification of employment.
Job candidates that receive a contingent offer of employment from YCCO must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, along with a completed attestation that the documentation submitted is true and correct to Human Resources Department;
Submit a completed request for accommodation form due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief to the Human Resources Department to begin the interactive accommodation process.