Business Systems Analyst | Flexible Hybrid: Virtual and In-Person
COVID-19 vaccination required for all YCCO employees except for an approved accommodation for medical or sincerely held religious belief. Please see Additional Information below.
Department: Information Systems FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Information Systems Director Physical Strength: Light (L)
This position is responsible for continuously improving our organizational information systems (IS) infrastructure, 3rd party software applications, and information technology-enabled processes utilized by Yamhill Community Care (YCCO) staff and strategic partners. The Business Systems Analyst works closely with the Director of Information Systems, YCCO’s leadership team, colleagues, and strategic partners to understand business and operational requirements and implement systems, procedures, and processes to meet those needs.
Learn more about Yamhill Community Care: click here
- Develop strong relationships and partner cross-functionally with YCCO colleagues and strategic partners to analyze current business and operational processes.
- Elicit and understand requirements, propose IS solutions aimed at addressing requirements, creating efficiencies, and successfully implement and maintain IS solutions aligned with YCCO strategic direction. Oversee implementation of IS projects from inception to completion.
- Evaluate, test, and recommend new opportunities for enhancing software, hardware, and Information Technology (IT) processes.
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of organizational information systems, 3rd party software applications, and IT support systems by monitoring and, when necessary, improving systems’ performance.
- Manage hardware and system replacements and upgrades in a manner satisfying internal stakeholders needs and expectations.
- Coordinate and, as necessary, complete IT activities to ensure the availability of data, network services and software to maximize uptime.
- Oversee implementation of IT projects from inception to completion.
- Use a variety of data analysis and organizational tools to uncover insights and understand outcomes.
- Improve training and operational procedures related to our organizational IT infrastructure to increase productivity.
- Engage strategic partners and contracted providers in Health Information Technology (HIT) initiatives as required. Represent YCCO within pertinent external committees and workgroups.
- Compile and distribute reports of interest to YCCO’s leadership team, including IS project status reports.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Department & Organizational Functions
- Proposes and implements process improvements.
- Meets deadlines for completion of workload.
- Maintains agreed upon work schedule.
- Demonstrates cooperation and teamwork.
- Provides cross-training on specific job responsibilities.
- Meets identified business goals that contribute to departmental goals.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Action Oriented: takes on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Builds Networks: effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside of YCCO.
- Collaborates: Establishes partnerships and works collaboratively with others to satisfy needs and meet shared objectives.
- Cultivates Innovation: creates new and better ways for YCCO to be successful.
- Detail oriented: keen project management skills with ability to drive projects from inception to completion.
- Effectively Communicates: effective listener and excels in written and verbal communications, with ability to translate complex ideas into simple language for non-technicians.
- Ensures Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Instills Trust: gains the confidence and earns the trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Manages Ambiguity: operates effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
- Organizational Awareness: maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Plans and Aligns: plans, organizes, and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Effective Problem Solver: sharp problem-solving, analytical and innovation skills.
- Quick Study: comes up-to-speed quickly in new subject matters.
- Respectful: respectful of all colleagues and individuals with whom communication and collaboration transpires.
- Self-Aware: acknowledges personal strengths and weaknesses, owns mistakes, pauses to learn lessons, and carries lessons forward to improve future outcomes.
- Self-Directed and Motivated: given an understanding of business, team, assignments, and individual goals, initiates and maintains focus on matters of priority.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines simultaneously, as well as to perform work with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, when needed, use sound judgment, anticipate next steps and be proactive. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively in all forms of communication.
- Ability to work in an environment with diverse individuals and groups.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Programming, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field,
- Minimum of five years applicable experience, preferably within a health plan setting,
- Any combination of education and experience that would qualify candidate for the position.
- Demonstrated experience driving information technology improvement projects.
- Experience in establishing and fostering interpersonal relationships, written and verbal communication, teamwork, and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, plan, and follow through on multiple complex assignments and projects.
- Experience working within a government-sponsored health plan, preferably a managed care plan, or very familiar with health plan operations.
- Knowledgeable of HIT enabling health plan operations such as Enrollment and Eligibility systems, Claims Processing systems, Utilization / Disease / Care Management systems, Community Information Exchange, Electronic Health Records, Health Information Exchanges, Provider Portals, Member Portals, and Digital Health Solutions.
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations
This position does not require any certificates, licenses, or registrations.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally need to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This position operates in a professional office environment and requires frequent use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position may include occasional required or optional travel outside of the workplace, in which the employee’s personal vehicle, local transit, or other means of transportation may be used.
Additional Information about COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
To safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our members and visitors; and the community at large, YCCO requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation as a qualification of employment.
Job candidates that receive a contingent offer of employment from YCCO must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, along with a completed attestation that the documentation submitted is true and correct to Human Resources Department;
Submit a completed request for accommodation form due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief to the Human Resources Department to begin the interactive accommodation process.